Write for Us
Would you like to write for World Inhabit? We are looking for new writers and guest posts.
At World Inhabit, we like to publish fresh, exciting, interesting and educational content to our readers, so if you feel you can provide this, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What Are Our Requirements and Guidelines?
- Articles should be a minimum of 450 words.
- You must be able to write well. We will not publish poorly written articles, so don’t waste your time writing them.
- Your article must be in AP Writing Style.
- Your article must be relevant, well thought-out and well research. Articles that come from personal experience are welcomed.
- Use the search feature on our website to see if the article topic has already been covered. There’s no point writing an article if we’ve already covered it.
- Be active on the Art of Backpacking community by interacting with comments left on your articles.
- Our primary intended audience for World Inhabit is young-ish backpackers looking to travel the world. Be mindful of this when writing your article.
- Your article must therefore fit in with the overall theme of World Inhabit.
What kind of articles do you want for guest posting?
We’re always open to new ideas, but if you’re stuck for places to start, check out the categories on our website to see the kinds of articles we publish. Also, we’re looking for any articles on the following subjects:
- Preparing for your trip.
- Gap years.
- Volunteering/Teaching/Working abroad.
- Dealing with life on the road (e.g. How to deal with travel burnout, how to avoid getting sick on the road, etc.).
- General travel tips.
- Traveling solo.
- Travel for women.
- Motivational articles / Why you should travel / The benefits of traveling.
- Destination Guide – What to do, where to go, where to stay, Local tips. Off-beat destinations are a bonus.
- We also accept short travel films and travel photography (although both must be accompanied by at least 250 words of text).
I´ve got an idea for an article/guest post and I’d like to pitch it to you. What do I do next?
- Head over to the contact page.
- Send us a message telling us briefly about who you are (and why you’re a suitable candidate to write for us. Tell us what your article idea is and explain a little bit about it (don’t just tell us you’d like to write “something”). Get us interested!
- You’ll also need to create a bio for yourself and send it to me along with the finished article. Your bio will be displayed at the footer of the published article, and it’ll briefly mention who you are, and it’ll have a link back to your website/blog.
Can I include pictures with my article?
Of course! Pictures can really bring an article to life.
Any pictures that you add should relate (in some way) to the article. High quality and well-framed photographs are best.
If you’d like to use a picture (or multiple pictures in your article), mention it to us and we’ll sort it out. We have no problem hosting pictures for you, although if you’d prefer to host them yourself that’s fine.
If you don’t have any pictures you’ve taken yourself, please ONLY use Creative Commons images from Flickr.
Because of the layout of the site, we are unable to use pictures wider than 575 pixels. If you send us a picture larger than 575 pixels wide, we may need to resize it to fit the article (this is easily done and is not a problem).
I´ve submitted a proposal – What do I do next?
You should receive an email response within 3 business days by email containing further instructions.
If this takes longer than 3 days, don’t panic, as I may be traveling and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind we do receive quite a large number of requests and not all will be accepted.
Terms & Conditions
The article you send me must not be published elsewhere on the internet, in a magazine, or newspaper publication. It cannot be later posted elsewhere at the time you send it to me or at a later date.
By publishing articles on World Inhabit, you agree that the articles will be on World Inhabit for the entire life of the website. The text may be edited to correct any grammatical, spelling or structural errors. HyperLinks may be removed or added at anytime within the article.
Any pictures you send me will still hold full copyright to you, and will not be modified in any way unless requested, although they may be resized to fit in with the style of the website. Please remember I that will not be held responsible if another end-user decides to save the picture or article, and then decides to publish it themselves. I will, however, do my best to ensure this does not happen.