How to Give Your Laptop Battery the Kiss of Life
The problem with batteries is that they tend to deteriorate the more they’re used.
For example, my last laptop battery was 5 years old and would last barely 20 minutes. Not great for traveling, then.
I decided to shell out on a new one, but had I found this video (titled “Laptop Battery Hack”) on YouTube sooner, I might have tried to resurrect my old battery instead.
The video shows Kip Kay, a guy ‘hacking’ his laptop battery by opening it up, seeing what was inside, being shocked at what he found and then replacing the old parts.
Not wanting to pay $109 for a new laptop battery, Kay decided to take matters into his own hand.
Of course, following Kay’s lead requires a soldering kit, safety goggles and a small degree of expertise, but it’s still a darn sight cheaper than buying a new battery!
Check out the video below:
- Apple Users: How to Maximize the Battery Life of Your Gadgets
- Laptop Vs. Notebook Vs. Netbook – What’s the Difference?
- What’s the Best Laptop for Travel?
- ‘Life in a Day’ Available for Free on YouTube [VIDEO]
- How to Travel With a Laptop
Share this Article!