The 15 Best Hikes in the World
Dedicated hikers and lovers of the outdoors are always looking for bigger, better hikes to go on.
As someone who enjoys hiking outdoors in spectacular locations, I was interested to see the best 15 hikes in the world according to National Geographic (and displayed on Trippy.com).
For those that don’t know, Trippy is a site that allows you to create virtual notice boards featuring travel destinations. Users can view other people’s boards, pin various destinations to their own boards, make of note places they want to go (and have already been) and leave comments in the comments section (among other things).
So what made the list? According to the National Geographic, the top 15 hikes in the world (in no particular order) are:
- Croagh Patrick in Ireland
- The Kalalau Trail in Kauai, Hawaii
- Mountains Of The Moon in Fort Portal, Uganda
- Queen Charlotte Track in New Zealand
- Long Range Traverse in Newfoundland, Canada
- Tonquin Valley in Canada
- Grindelwald in Switzerland
- The Bay Of Fires in Australia
- Chilkoot Trail in Stikine Region, Canada
- Yosemite Grand Traverse in Yosemite National Park, California, USA
- Fitz Roy Trek in Patagonia, Argentina
- Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA
- Kungsleden in Kumla, Sweden
- Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal
- Petra Through the Back Door in Jordan
Good to see there is a lot of variety in the list (in terms of countries/regions). Click here to view the top 15 hikes in the world on Trippy!
Share this Article!