Facebook Determines World’s Most Social Landmarks
Facebook recently released a list of the top 25 ‘most social’ landmarks in the world.
The ‘social-ness’ of a place was determined by how often people ‘checked-in’ there (on Facebook) and how often it was mentioned on the social news feed.
Top of the list was the Unicenter, a shopping mall in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Also high up on the list was the Tokyo Dome, the Staples Center (Los Angeles, USA), the Avenue des Champs-Élysée (Paris, France) and Lotte World (Seoul, South Korea).
The major surprise on the list? A TGI Friday’s restaurant in Oslo, Norway.
Here is the top 25 most checked-in destinations in the world (according to Facebook):
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Unicenter (shopping center)
- Melbourne, Australia: Crown Casino
- São Paulo, Brazil: Parque de Ibirapuera (park)
- Toronto, Canada: Rogers Centre (sports stadium)
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Copenhagen Tivoli Gardens (cultural center)
- Paris, France: Avenue des Champs-Élysée (iconic neighborhood)
- Berlin, Germany: Kurfürstendamm (iconic neighborhood)
- New Delhi, India: Gurudwara Bangla Sahib (house of worship)
- Dublin, Ireland: The O2 Dublin (concert arena)
- Rome, Italy: Colosseum
- Tokyo, Japan: Tokyo Dome
- Mexico City, Mexico: Centro Historico de la Ciudad de Mexico
- Auckland, New Zealand: Eden Park
- Oslo, Norway: TGI Friday’s Aker Brygge
- Moscow, Russia: Propaganda nightclub
- Singapore: Singapore Universal Studios
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Montecasino (casino)
- Seoul, South Korea: Lotte World (amusement park)
- Barcelona, Spain: Camp Nou (soccer stadium)
- Stockholm, Sweden: Gröna Lund (amusement park)
- London, United Kingdom: The O2 (concert arena)
- Chicago, United States: Wrigley Field (sports stadium)
- San Francisco, United States: AT&T Park
- New York, United States: Times Square
- Los Angeles, United States: Staples Center (sports arena)
- Facebook Launches New Travel App
- Facebook Buys Instagram for $1 Billion
- New Website That Turns Your Friends’ Social Media Posts into a Personal Travel Guide
- New Technologies That Are Making Travel More Social
- World’s Highest Roller Coaster Opens in Colorado
Share this Article!