The Best Places in the World to Go Bungee Jumping
Fancy going bungee jumping but don’t know where to do it?
Unlike most other extreme sports/activities (such as hang gliding or base jumping), bungee jumping allows you to experience that amazing adrenaline rush without having to go through massive amounts of preparation or training.
This makes it perfect for travelers who want a crazy, memorable experience (particularly for those who have never done anything like it before).
Emir Paratusic (a guest blogger for OrdinaryTraveler.com), an experienced bungee-jumper, has come up with a list of the best places in the world to bungee jump:
- Bloukrans River Bridge, South Africa – The highest commercially-operated bungee jump in the world (according to the Guinness Book of Records).
- Queenstown, New Zealand – The ‘bungee jumping capital of the world’ – home to several spectacular bungee jumps, such as the Kawaru Bridge and the Nevis Highwire.
- Corinth Canal, Greece – Located in a beautiful spot and at only 79m high, this is the perfect jump for beginners.
- Victoria Falls Bridge, Zimbabwe/Zambia – The huge bridge that separates two countries is located next to the amazing Victoria Falls. Jumpers will no-doubt feel the spray from the waterfall as they bungee!
- Cuzco, Peru – As Emir says: “What’s better than a bungee jump? How about a reverse bungee jump from a hot air balloon, over the remains of an ancient Incan city?” No further explanation needed!
- Verzasca Dam, Switzerland – Best known for being the dam that James Bond jumps off at the start of ‘Goldeneye’. Film buffs will surely get a kick out of this one!
Have you been to an amazing bungee jumping spot? Let us know about it in the comments section below!
Share this Article!