Airport in China Hires Cheerleaders to Entertain Delayed Passengers
Being stuck at an airport for hours on end can be pretty boring.
Stranded passengers at China’s Dalian Airport (located in the north-east of China) were entertained by a group of cheerleaders who showed off their pom-pom routines as they waited for their flights.
After several flights had been delayed severely by fog, the Dalian Evening News reported that over 5,000 passengers were entertained by cheerleaders, given free physical check-ups and sent instant weather and flight updates via text message, all as part of an innovative new service started by the airport.
One airport official said “The cheerleaders are enrolled in different colleges in Dalian. We hire them on a work-for-study program. The performance is free of charge for passengers.”
For the full story, check out CNNGO.com.
If you liked this post, subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates.
Photo credits: CNNGO.com
- San Francisco Airport Opens World’s First Airport Yoga Room
- How to Get to (and From) the Airport on a Budget
- The 10 Best (and Worst) Airport Terminals in the World
- The Top 10 Most Luxurious Airport Lounges in the World
- A Guide to Airport Internet
Share this Article!