Child-Friendly Apps to Keep Kids Entertained While Traveling
I’ve you’ve ever been on a road trip or a long flight with a child, you’ll know how stressful it can be (for the both of you).
Unless properly entertained, toddlers will throw tantrums, and older kids will complain of being bored.
Michelle Higgins from the New York Times has taken the time to compile a list of the best iPhone and iPad apps for children in terms of keeping them entertained for long trips.
Most child-friendly apps are designed for a specific age group (either 1 to 4, 5 to 8 or 9 to 12 years old).
After consulting numerous toy reviewers and travel-savvy parents, here are some of the top picks she found:
- Elmo Loves ABCs, for iPad, $4.99. (Now on sale for $1.99.) (For ages 1-4). Everyone loves Elmo, and this app contains a load of songs and interactive games to play with.
- Highlights Hidden Pictures, for iPad and iPhone, $1.99. (For ages 5-8). Anyone who’s ever read the Where’s Wally books will love this. Hundreds of hidden objects are concealed within 8 detailed pictures. Requires concentration and persistence!
- Weird but True, for iPad and iPhone, $1.99. (for ages 9-12). An app containing a plethora of weird and wonderful facts from the National Geographic Kids magazine (such as “Did you know that gorillas burp when they’re happy?”)
For the full list, check out the NYTimes.com website.
- Lonely Planet Launches a Host of Apps for Travelers
- The Best Travel Apps – A Comprehensive Guide
- The Best Apps for Travelers
- How to Get Your Child a Passport
- How to Buy Child Carriers for Hiking
Share this Article!